UCO COVID-19 protocols remain in place for the spring 2021 semester. Masks are required on campus when around others.
Important resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Exposure/Positive Test | On-Campus Vaccine Clinic | COVID-19 Vaccination Self-Reporting | Virtual services | COVID-19 website
Master of Arts in Museum Studies
The Master of Arts in museum studies program is designed to promote professional development and advancement in museum studies, public history, archives, and tribal museums and cultural centers.
Courses You'll Take
The museum studies major provides training to students interested in pursuing careers in museums, historical agencies, archives, national parks and related institutions.
Requirements for Admission
- Online application for admission.
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from accredited institutions.
- Undergraduate transcripts must show: *
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all institutions attended that record a minimum overall GPA of 2.75 and a minimum of 3.00 in the last 60 hours. *Students falling below these standards may qualify for conditional admission.
Museum Studies majors have a variety of career opportunities, including:
- History museums and historical sites
- Historical associations and societies
- Cultural heritage organizations
- Historical projects