UCO COVID-19 protocols remain in place for the spring 2021 semester. Masks are required on campus when around others.
Important resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Exposure/Positive Test | On-Campus Vaccine Clinic | COVID-19 Vaccination Self-Reporting | Virtual services | COVID-19 website
Master of Arts in Literature
Students seeking the master’s degree in literature pursue a program of studies in literature, culture and media, focusing on an extensive range of authors, genres and historical periods.
Courses You'll Take
This degree will require satisfactory completion of a total of 33 hours: nine hours of theory and research core, nine hours of literature seminars, 12 hours of electives and a three-hour capstone experience.
Requirements for Admission
- Online application for admission.
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from accredited institutions.
- Undergraduate transcripts must show: *
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA (overall) or 3.0 undergraduate GPA (last 60 hours completed); and 18 hours of English (3000- or above) with a 3.0 GPA.
- Students may gain conditional admission by achieving a score of 150 (verbal) and 4.5 (analytical writing) on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Students with a native language other than English must submit evidence of English language proficiency.
Literature graduates go on to pursue careers in a wide range of fields, including:
- Corporate Communications
- Editing and Publishing
- Grant Writing
- Human Resources
- Library and Information Sciences
- Nonprofit and Arts Management
- Online and Print Journalism
- Professional and Technical Writing
- Project Management
- Public Relations
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.