Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Positive Test, Symptoms, or Direct Exposure | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Website
Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Management and Administration
The Master of Arts in criminal justice management and administration degree program is designed to meet Oklahoma’s needs for graduate education in the area of criminal justice management and administration.
Courses You'll Take
The curriculum provides those individuals who have a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or a related field, are presently employed in a criminal justice environment or want to work in the field of criminal justice an opportunity to advance their skills and knowledge to qualify them for specialized job opportunities in the area of criminal justice. The curriculum also encourages the development of the student’s critical, analytical, and creative abilities related to the subject area. This is accomplished by the development of research skills, classwork, and out-of-class projects and practicum.
Requirements for Admission
- Online application for admission.
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from accredited institutions.
- Undergraduate transcripts must show a minimum of six undergraduate hours as follows: CJ 4113 Research Methods in CJ or CJ 4043 Intro to CJ Statistics and SOC 3633 Criminology, OR CJ 3633 Criminology.
- To be admitted, students must meet at least one of the following criteria.*
- A 2.75 GPA overall or 3.00 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted.
- A GRE minimum score of 150 Verbal and 145 Quantitative and a five or better on the writing exam of the GRE
- Possess a master’s degree from an accredited university/ college with an overall GPA of 3.00.
- Students falling below this standard may qualify for conditional admission.
- A two-page statement of purpose for obtaining this degree and a writing sample as directed by the graduate program advisor.
- One letter of recommendation from an academic professional.
- Students with a native language other than English must submit evidence of English language proficiency.
*Students falling below these standards may qualify for conditional admission.