Oklahoma High School Football State Championship Games:
UCO welcomes Oklahoma high school football state championship teams and fans to our campus for the 2022 OSSAA high school football championship games, Dec. 1-10. Visit the Championship Central website for more info.
Master of Music in Music Education - Online
Online Master of Music in Music Education
Available through the University of Central Oklahoma's Connected Campus, the fully online Master of Music in music education will prepare students for increased classroom effectiveness through the study of philosophical, methodological, and educational concepts relevant to wide-ranging musical contexts.
UCO’s online Master of Music in music education is designed with the needs of working teachers in mind. This 100% online program offers the flexible program teachers desire, as well as affordability. The fully online degree can be completed in as little as four semesters, for as low as $13,500.
As a student in the online Master of Music in music education program, you will benefit from experienced, caring professors with a teaching-first focus and commitment to quality.
The UCO School of Music has met the rigorous accreditation standards of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Graduates become a part of a connected community of UCO music alumni spanning the state, nation and globe.
About the Program
This flexible master's program offers coursework developed by those with practice in the field and small classes taught by supportive faculty who are sensitive to the unique needs of practicing teachers. The online music education program incorporates advanced music study with a thorough exploration of innovative and effective teaching practices, which will help teachers develop engaging and inspiring lessons and rehearsals. In addition to gaining the skills essential for professional advancement, you’ll also join a community of colleagues who are invested in your success.
Curriculum for the Online M.M. in Music Education
The online master's in music education requires 32 credit hours divided between 14-16 credit hours of core and 16-18 credit hours dedicated to music education and guided electives.
Coursework emphasizes the importance of educational concepts, musical research, technology and theory, musicology and pedagogy.
As you progress from the music education core to subjects that explore the pedagogy of music, you'll:
- Be led by full-time faculty dedicated to academic excellence and transformative learning experiences;
- Gain the skills necessary to adapt to the rapidly changing education field;
- Take what you learn in the program and immediately put it into practice in your classroom; and,
- Advance your skills and career.
Students interested in applying to the online Master of Music program must have the following:
- A completed application for graduate admission;
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted;
- Completion of an appropriate undergraduate program (or equivalent for international students) and demonstration of at least baccalaureate-level competence in those areas considered common to all undergraduate study in music as outlined in Sections VII or VIII of the National Association of Schools of Music Handbook;
- Undergraduate transcripts must show a minimum 2.50 GPA overall or 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted;
- Students with a native language other than English must submit evidence of English language proficiency. See Admission to Graduate Studies - English Language Proficiency; and
- Evidence of a successful UCO School of Music audition. An approximately 20-minute video of effective classroom instruction is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Scholarships and Tuition Waivers
The UCO College of Fine Arts and Design annually awards more than $150,000 in scholarships with more than 90 scholarship opportunities. Our talented and ambitious students ensure that CFAD remains a center for excellence in the fine and performing arts. CFAD scholarships recognize the dedication displayed in the classroom, in performances and in exhibitions, as well as help our students make their studies a primary focal point and not monetary stress.
Scale Up Your Music Teaching Career with an Online M.M. in Music Education from UCO
If you want to advance your career and enhance the future of music, acquire the skills needed to do so with UCO's online Master of Music in music education. If you have any questions about UCO's Connect Connected Campus, request additional information today. For questions about the program, email email@example.com.