Master of Science in Wellness Management - Health Promotion
The Master of Science in Wellness Management with an emphasis in Health Promotion is designed to prepare students for leadership roles in the health and wellness field. Students will be prepared to solve complex health problems in diverse populations within a variety of settings such as neighborhoods, communities, clinics/hospitals, businesses, government agencies, educational institutions, non-profits and/or volunteer agencies.
Student Learning Objectives
Graduates of the University of Central Oklahoma’s Wellness Management program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively using oral communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively using written communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, synthesize, analyze, and evaluate information in order to draw conclusions or make decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to connect concepts across the curriculum and transfer learning to new situations.
- University Health and Wellness Coordinator
- Substance Abuse Agencies
- Assisted Living Centers
- Fitness Facilities
- Corporate Wellness Coordinator
Community & Student Organizations
- Exercise Science Club
- Kinesiology and Health Studies Club
- Oklahoma Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance