Master of Science in Wellness Management - Exercise Science
The Master of Science in Wellness Management with an emphasis in Exercise Science is designed to prepare students to promote and manage healthy and active lifestyles. It provides to the corporate, industrial, recreational, educational and medical settings trained personnel who are capable of conducting adult physical fitness testing and developing personal fitness training programs that involve exercise and physical activity. Students will gain knowledge in the core foundation, exercise prescription for normal and special populations, wellness management, administrative tasks, professional development, and practical experience.
Student Learning ObjectivesGraduates of the University of Central Oklahoma’s Wellness Management program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively using oral communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively using written communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, synthesize, analyze, and evaluate information in order to draw conclusions or make decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to connect concepts across the curriculum and transfer learning to new situations.
- Fitness Facility Manager
- Corporate Wellness Manager
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Facilities
- University Wellness Center Programs
Community & Student Organizations
- Exercise Science Club
- Kinesiology and Health Studies Club
- Oklahoma Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance