Master of Science in Family and Child Studies – Marriage & Family Therapy
The Master of Science in Family and Child Studies – Marriage & Family Therapy prepares students to apply for the Oklahoma licensed marriage and family therapist certification examination. This program includes both internship and practicum requirements for students.
Student Learning Objectives
- Demonstrate the skills to work with diverse populations.
- Serve individuals and families throughout the life span in education, prevention and intervention programs.
- Apply knowledge of family life education research to serve the community.
- Evaluate programs for the development and maintenance of interpersonal and social relationships.
- Identify legal issues, policies and laws adequately to advocate for the wellbeing of families.
- Relate ethical conduct in a professional setting.
- Apply effective communication skills to work with individuals and families.
Community & Student Organizations
- Oklahoma Child Care Resources & Referral Association
- Oklahoma Counseling Association
- Central Council on Family Relations
- UCO Early Childhood Association
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Victim Assistance Coordinator
- Social Worker
- Family Support Programs Coordinator