The Bachelor of Business Administration in Professional Selling at UCO’s College of Business is focused on providing education and training for students to compete in the world of selling. Students receive cognitive, effective and behavioral training allowing them to compete in the selling marketplace. Courses provide students with the necessary interpersonal communication, professional selling, sales management and leadership skills to be successful in a sales career. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to compete to represent the university at national sales competitions. The UCO professional sales program has been named one of the top universities for professional sales education by the Sales Education Foundation (SEF).
- As a professional selling major, students will take professional selling, advanced professional selling, sales force management, negotiations, marketing ethics and marketing management, in addition to the business core courses.
- Students can customize their major through elective courses, such as business logistics, business to business marketing, purchasing and materials management, practicum in professional selling and a sales internship.
- The Professional Selling Program is an associate member of the University Sales Center Alliance.
Professional Sales Lab
The UCO Professional Selling Program hopes to give students the tools needed to paint a successful future with the Professional Sales Lab. The lab is equipped with video and recording technology used to provide students with immediate feedback for their sales and presentation techniques.
Students in the advanced sales class will present at least two presentations during the semester. The presentations will be recorded and available to students and professors and will be used as graded exercises within the course.
The Professional Sales Lab is located in the UCO College of Business.
- Advertising Sales
- Sales Management
- Consumer Product Sales
- Financial Services Sales
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
Professional Selling Competitions
Students majoring or minoring in professional selling have the opportunity to join the Professional Selling Team. The team competes in numerous regional and national competitions throughout the country. For example, team members participate in the following events annually:
- Great Northwoods - Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- National Sales Challenge/RBI - Wayne, New Jersey
- ICSC - Orlando, Florida
- Toledo Invitational - Toledo, Ohio
- National Collegiate Sales Competition - Kennesaw, Georgia
- American Marketing Association - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Challenger Sales Institute - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Baylor Negotiation Competition - Waco, Texas
- Twin Cities - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sales team participation is by invitation.
RBI National Sales ChallengeEach semester the advanced professional sales class holds an internal competition to determine the UCO sales team that will participate in the RBI National Sales Challenge. The selected UCO sales team travels to William Paterson University in Paterson, New Jersey for a national competition in early November, each year.
National Collegiate Sales Competition
Since 1999, the National Collegiate Sales Competition has been the largest and oldest sales role-play competition in existence. Instituted for the purpose of enhancing the practice and professionalism of the sales profession.
The NCSC hosts the top collegiate sales talent and sales faculty from the most elite University Sales Programs in North America. Upcoming sales graduates are provided a venue for sharpening their sales skills in a highly competitive environment and networking with peers and sales faculty from across the United States.