Information and Operations Management - Management Information Systems
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems (MIS) at UCO’s College of Business prepares students for careers that apply computer knowledge and information technology to business. The program teaches students about computer databases, networks, computer security and more.
- MIS majors will take courses that include programming business applications, business systems analysis and design, data management, managing and troubleshooting networks, and application development with SQL server, in addition to the business core courses.
- Students can customize their major with elective courses such as, IT security and risk management, business application management, project management and programming.
- Students will also have the opportunity to join the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP).
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshman are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Business.
- Security Analyst
- Tech Support
- IT operations
- Software Engineer
- Network Administration
View a career guide for Management Information Systems.
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- UCO Association of Information Technology Professionals: Go to http://www.aitp.org/group/3009 to learn more about upcoming speakers, meetings and trips. Find out how you can get involved!
- OK Association of Information Technology Professionals: Go to http://www.aitp.org/members/group.asp?id=75764 to join and get connected.
- Oklahoma Technology Association: Go to http://www.oktech.org to join and learn more about upcoming events.