Insurance and Risk Management
A Bachelor of Business Administration in Insurance and Risk Management at UCO’s College of Business merges specialization in finance, insurance and mathematics. Students will obtain the skills needed to work in areas of actuarial science, risk management and insurance.
- As an insurance and risk management major, students will take risk management for the firm, foundations of insurance and risk management, property and liability insurance for the firm, and life and health insurance, in addition to the business core courses.
- Students can customize their major with elective courses such as investments, public sector risk management, mathematics of life contingencies, risk control for the firm and public sector risk management.
- Students will have the opportunity to join the international risk management, insurance and actuarial science collegiate fraternity, Gamma Iota Sigma.
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshman are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Business.
- Insurance underwriter
- Risk management analyst
- Insurance investigator
- Claims adjusters, examiners and investigators
View a career guide for Insurance and Risk Management majors.
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- Free Microsoft Office training: Go to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/?CTT=97 and click on the "Office training" link under the "Support" tab to learn how to use your tools like a pro.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce: Go to http://www.okcchamber.com and click on the membership central tab.
- International Association of Insurance Professionals (Women): Go to http://www.internationalinsuranceprofessionals.org/ to learn more.