Effective Monday, May 24, 2021, UCO will no longer mandate the use of masks or social distancing. Those who have not been vaccinated should continue to wear a mask to protect themselves and others. Those who have been vaccinated may continue to voluntarily wear a mask if they choose.
Important resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Exposure/Positive Test | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Vaccination Self-Reporting | Virtual Services | COVID-19 Website
Human Resource Management
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management at UCO’s College of Business prepares students in areas of compliance, compensation, benefits, recruitment, training, organizational development and human resources leadership. The program curriculum is aligned with the standards of the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM), the foremost expert and thought leader on issues impacting today’s evolving workplaces. The program is offered both online and in person. Students who select HRM as a major or minor become capable of taking on a generalist role or specializing in core HR functions in any industry. HRM graduates will be equipped to strategically contribute to the success and viability of an organization. Our faculty has over 70 years of combined industry experience in Human Resource Management and has a passion for developing the next generation of HR leaders.
- Students majoring in HRM will take human resource management, human resource compliance, HR training and development, recruitment and selection, compensation & benefits, and strategic human resource management.
- HRM majors can customize their education with elective courses, such as diversity in the workplace, management theory, organizational behavior, business ethics, and an opportunity to travel as part of an international study tour program.
- Students will have the opportunity to join the UCO Human Resource Society, a student group dedicated to providing opportunities for education and networking.
- Many students complete internships at some of the metro’s most well-known and successful companies.
- A minor in HRM is also available for students looking to enhance another major.
- Human Resource Leadership
- Training and Development
- Talent Acquisition
- Total Rewards
- Employee Relations and Compliance
Take advantage of opportunities to get involved in the HR community both at UCO and around the metro.