A Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics from the UCO College of Business teaches students how the national economy operates and will develop the analytical and quantitative skills needed to succeed in business.
- Economics majors will take intermediate microeconomics, intermediate macroeconomics, quantitative business forecasting and econometric methods, in addition to the business core courses.
- Students have the opportunity to customize their major with elective courses such as, economics of social issues, statistics for health care, game theory, sports economics, and economic growth and development.
- A degree in economics can serve as good preparation for graduate programs in economics, law, public administration, international affairs, environmental science, management science or business.
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshman are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Business.
Economics career opportunities include:
- Market Research Analyst
- Economic Development
- Financial Analyst
- Economic Forecasting
View career guide for Economics majors.
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce: Go to http://www.okcchamber.com and click on membership central tab.
- Free Microsoft Office training: Go to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/?CTT=97 and click on the "Office training" link under the "Support" tab to learn how to use your tools like a pro.
- National Association for Business Economics (NABE): Go to http://www.nabe.com and click on "Oklahoma Chapter" to view local event dates.
- The State Chamber of Oklahoma: Go to http://www.okstatechamber.com/ to learn more.