The Bachelor of Science in accounting is for students who want to work on the financial side of business, communicating financial information to internal and external stakeholders. The UCO Accounting Program prepares graduates with an in-depth understanding of all areas of accounting. Such training best meets the needs of potential employers, particularly those in the metropolitan area of Oklahoma City and surrounding regions. In addition, many accounting graduates successfully pursue master’s degrees and certifications in various areas of accounting.
- As an accounting major, students will take intermediate accounting I and II, income tax accounting, cost accounting, auditing and strategic management, in addition to the business core courses.
- Students can customize their major with elective courses such as, data analysis, oil and gas accounting, ethics and professionalism, CPA review and governmental/nonprofit accounting.
- Students will also have the opportunity to participate in the Income Tax Administration Practicum. Participating students will prepare income tax returns for the public in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program.
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshman are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Business.
Accounting career opportunities include:
- Public Accounting
- Corporate Accounting
View a career guide for Accounting majors.
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- The Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA): Go to http://www.oscpa.com/home.asp and click on the "Students" tab to learn about student membership opportunities.
- Free Microsoft Office training: Go to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/?CTT=97 and click on the "Office training" link under the "Support" tab to learn how to use your tools like a pro.