RN to B.S., Nursing - Online
The RN to B.S. in nursing track at the University of Central Oklahoma is available online for registered nurses who are interested in furthering their nursing education. Upon successful completion, nurses will have earned a Bachelor of Science degree.
The RN to B.S. track at UCO is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Spring online applications: The preference date for application submission is Oct. 1 and the final deadline is Dec. 1.
Fall online applications: The preference date for application submission is May 1 and the final deadline is July 1.
Step one: Email transcripts from each college/university you have attended to RN2BSadvisor@uco.edu as soon as possible to determine what courses you may need to take prior to application or acceptance.
Step Two: Once notified of required courses by the academic advisor, submit your application to UCO.
Step Three: Once you have completed step one and two, submit the UCO RN to B.S. in nursing application prior to the preferred date or final application date.
- 100% online nursing courses
- As low as $8,500
- Eight-week courses
- Full- or part-time options
- May complete in as little as two semesters (full time)
- 24 credit hours of nursing required
- At least 30 credit hours at UCO (may include prerequisites or nursing electives)
Registered nurses are eligible to apply to the UCO RN to B.S. track with:
- An associate degree from an accredited nursing program;
- Successful completion of the NCLEX-RN licensure exam;
- Completed the university prerequisites;
- Minimum 2.5 retentive GPA; and,
- A current unencumbered nursing license.
- Staff nurse
- Charge nurse
- House supervisor
- Nurse educator
- Case management
- Infection control
- Risk management
- Opportunities for graduate school (nurse practitioner programs, certified nurse anesthetist programs)
Meet the Faculty
Learn more about the Department of Nursing faculty.
For nursing students who have successfully completed an associate degree in nursing from an accredited program and are licensed as a registered nurse, 35 hours of advanced standing credit may be awarded for completion of nursing courses taken in the associate program. The advanced standing credits will be awarded upon completion of the required UCO R.N. to B.S. nursing courses.
Nursing students graduating with an A.A. or A.S. degree in nursing may have met the University of Central Oklahoma core requirements totaling 42-44 hours. Students with an A.A.S. degree will be required to complete the university core requirements.
In addition, students interested in the R.N. to B.S. option must complete the following nursing major requirements (or equivalent courses as determined by the Department of Nursing) prior to admission to the R.N. to B.S. track:
- CHEM 1014: Introductory Chemistry and Lab
- BIO 1114: General Biology OR BIO 1204 Biology I for Majors
- NTRN 1513: Introduction to Nutrition
- PSY 1103: General Psychology
- SOC 2103: Sociology
- BIO2314: Intro to Microbiology and Lab
- BIO 2504: Human Anatomy and Lab OR FNRL 2214: Elementary Human Anatomy and Dissection
- BIO 2604: Human Physiology and Lab
- ECON 2173: Principles of Business Statistics OR PSY 2753: Psychological Statistics OR SOC 4043: Sociological Statistics OR STAT 2113: Statistical Methods OR ECON 2303: Statistics for Healthcare OR STAT 2103: Intro to Statistics for Sciences
- PHIL 1103: Logic and Critical Thinking OR PHIL 1113: Intro to Philosophy OR PHIL 1123: Contemporary Moral Problems OR PHIL 2073: Social and Political Philosophy
- NURS 2113: Individual and Family Development through the Lifespan.