Bursar, Enrollment, Financial Aid, and Records offices closed Friday, Sept. 22:
All other university offices open regular hours.
Medical Laboratory Sciences
Today's competitive, rapidly changing world requires depth and agility in the workplace. To prepare students to meet these challenges. UCO and the College of Mathematics and Science provides students with opportunities for life-changing intellectual experiences that take place both inside and beyond the classroom. We call this "Transformative Learning." Transformative Learning is a holistic process that places students at the center of their own active and reflective learning experiences.
The Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology Degree requires three years of study in the basic sciences and general education at UCO. For the last year of study, a student must be accepted into one of three available hospital internship programs (St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa, Comanche County Hospital in Lawton or Valley View Hospital in Ada). Successful completion results in a B.S. Degree in Medical Technology.
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshman are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Mathematics and Science.
Medical Laboratory Sciences career opportunities include:
- Healthcare: clinical research (e.g., virology, immunology, enzymology), medical devices, equipment
- Pharmacology: drug properties, interactions, application, development
- Environmental: testing, air, water, and waste management, regulation
- Agricultural: crop production, herbicide/pesticide development and application, bio-remediation
- Food science: preservation, nutrition
- Cosmeceutical: development and application
- Forensic: toxicology, DNA analysis, scientific instrumentation
Take advantage of these opportunities in the Metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.