The Photographic Arts program prepares students to apply the techniques and aesthetics of contemporary photographic styles to their own work; present a portfolio of original photographic work in a public forum; demonstrate awareness of global and cultural photographic standards and practices, and engage in self-exploration and self-criticism during the image-making process
Photographic Arts courses offer lessons on various forms of photography, as well as numerous other mass communication classes.
The Department of Mass Communication has various student and professional organizations that both support and help Photographic Arts majors develop skills to advance their learning.
Photographic Arts majors have various career opportunities available, including:
- Fine arts
- Commercial and industrial
View a career guide for Photographic Arts majors.
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- Oklahoma City Arts Council: Go to http://arts.ok.gov/ to learn more about upcoming events.
- International Photography Hall of Fame: Go to http://www.iphf.org/ to learn about the history of photographic arts.
- American Marketing Association: To learn about the marketing field go to http://www.amaokc.org/
- Oklahoma Arts Council: To find out about events in the area go to http://arts.ok.gov/