History - Museum Studies
The core curriculum for Museum Studies consists of twelve credit hours, which includes course work and six hours of internship.
Future Museum Professionals Organization
UCO's Future Museum Professionals Organization consists of undergraduate or graduate students wanting to partake in professional development, networking and volunteering with museums, historical societies, historic sites, zoos and botanical gardens, historic houses, living history museums, tribal cultural centers and other museum-related institutions.
Museum Studies majors have a variety of career opportunities, including:
- History museums and historical sites
- Historical associations and societies
- Cultural heritage organizations
- Historical projects
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- Oklahoma Museums: To see a list of Oklahoma museums go to http://www.okhistory.org/outreach/museums/index.html
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art: To learn about the current and upcoming exhibitions go to http://www.okcmoa.com/
- Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum: Go to https://oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/
- National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum: Go to http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/
- Oklahoma Museums Association: Go to http://www.okmuseums.org/ for information on Oklahoma museums.