The Humanities program highlights art and cultures from many peoples across history. The program offers an interdisciplinary approach to the study of art, literature, religion, philosophy, film and aesthetics from diverse human cultures.
To see the classes that make up the Humanities curriculum, check out the degree sheet.
The Medieval Society at UCO is a student organization dedicated to the scholarly understanding of the Middle Ages. Monthly guest lectures offer the opportunity to learn about an array of medieval topics in greater depth. The Society is also well known for hands-on student projects and public educational outreach.
There are various career opportunities available for Humanities majors, including:
- International Education and Study Abroad
- Information/Library Science
View a career guide for Humanities majors.
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- Oklahoma Humanities Council: To learn about Oklahoma Humanities go to http://www.okhumanities.org/
- Study Tour: Go to http://www.uco.edu/la/studentlinks/studytours.asp if you are interested on earning credits in different parts of the world.
- Study Abroad: Go to http://broncho2.uco.edu/cgc/index.html if you are interested in studying abroad for a semester.