Criminal Justice - Police
Criminal Justice - Police Majors will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively to an audience of their peers
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge and skills related to the issues impacting police in today’s society
- Communicate clearly and effectively in their writing
- Engage in research opportunities and increase abilities to solve problems creatively
- Ethically synthesize and properly document source material according to the American Psychological Association (APA) citation standards
The School of Criminal Justice has two student organizations – the Criminal Justice Club and Alpha Phi Sigma, the Criminal Justice Honor Society. Both organizations help to support Criminal Justice students during their time in the program.
There are various career opportunities available for Criminal Justice - Police majors, including:
- Juvenile justice
- Victim’s assistance
View a career guide for Criminal Justice - Police majors.
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation: Go to http://www.ok.gov/osbi/
- Oklahoma County Community Sentencing: To find out information for an internship go to http://www.oklahomacounty.org/
- Oklahoma County Juvenile Justice Center: To find out about volunteering or job opportunities go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oklahoma-County-Juvenile-Justice-Center/106032266129356
- Oklahoma State Courts Network: Go to http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/start.asp