The University of Central Oklahoma's School of Music is recognized nationwide as one of Oklahoma's foremost institutions for preparing professional musicians in all fields due to the following:
- High academic and performance standards
- Gifted faculty of conductors, studio teachers, composers, historians, theorists, music educators, scholars and administrators
- The University of Central Oklahoma is an accredited member by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Variety of instrumental ensembles, choral groups, opera groups and musical theatre troupes that travel nationally and internationally
- Opportunities to provide music for professional venues, schools, conventions and on the UCO campus
- Alumni are staffed nationwide in public schools and universities as well as performing with recognized musical theater companies, opera companies, service bands, orchestras, leading jazz ensembles and recording studios throughout the country
To see the classes that make up the Music curriculum check out the degree sheet.
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
The UCO College of Fine Arts and Design annually awards more than $150,000 in scholarships with more than 90 scholarship opportunities. Our talented and ambitious students ensure that CFAD remains a center for excellence in the fine and performing arts. CFAD scholarships recognize the dedication displayed in the classroom, in performances, and in exhibitions, as well as help our students make their studies a primary focal point and not monetary stress.
Music career opportunities include:
- Private lessons