Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
Students, help Move the Needle on COVID-19 vaccinations.
Workforce Development - Family and Consumer Sciences - Online
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences is to prepare individuals and families to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse global society. The program is based on and has adopted the standards of the National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences, and the discipline's unique focus is on families, work, and their interrelationships. A family and consumer sciences degree provides students with many skills that can be transferred to other areas with minimal or no additional training. For example, a teacher may leave teaching and work in human services or business positions if desired. This degree can be completed online or on campus.
Student Learning Objectives
Students who successfully complete this degree will have developed the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed to:
- Strengthen the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Become responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings.
- Promote optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Manage resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
- Balance personal, home, family, and work lives.
- Use critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Assist others in successful life management, employment, and careers development.
- Function effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciate human worth and accepting responsibility for their actions and success in family and work life.
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshman are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Education and Professional Studies.
Career opportunities for Career, Technical and Workforce Development – Family and Consumer Sciences include:
- Child care
- Food service/production
Take advantage of these opportunities which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.