Organizational Leadership - Online
Online Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership
Offered through Oklahoma’s Reach Higher–FlexFinish program for working adults, the online Bachelor of Science in organizational leadership elevates your skills and positions you for success in the state’s current job market with a multidisciplinary curriculum.
Workplaces across all industries need individuals who take charge, motivate others and achieve objectives through a holistic understanding of finance, leadership, organizational behavior, budgeting, marketing, management, diversity, communication and strategic thinking. This degree not only helps you seize those opportunities but create a meaningful impact in the process.
Conceived as a result of Oklahoma’s 100 Critical Occupations List, the online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in organizational leadership takes into account where you currently stand—and where you want to go. You’ve attended some college and have started your career—but you want to earn your bachelor’s degree to advance in the workplace. Helping you accomplish what you’ve set out to do, the program’s flexible, fully online format and accelerated structure let you complete your degree around family, work and financial obligations and build off your previous college credits.
Through this approach, the typical student enrolled in the online bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership finishes their degree in two years.
Reach Higher–FlexFinish | Curriculum | Careers | Scholarships & Tuition Waivers | Admission Requirements | Advance Your Potential
What is Reach Higher–FlexFinish?
Reach Higher is Oklahoma’s flexible adult degree completion program designed for individuals who have gotten through some college but have yet to receive a bachelor’s degree. Programs are selected based on the state’s current occupational needs, and the curriculum approved by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education reflects this.
To make a difference in corporate, nonprofit, industrial and government work environments, you’ll gain a stronger understanding of organizational behavior, management, ethics, interpersonal skills, communication and finance and select a focus area to specialize your skills. Collectively, this combination helps you access more enhanced career opportunities, rise up in your industry, transition to an entirely new role and increase your earning power.
For enrolling in the Reach Higher–FlexFinish program to earn an online B.S. in organizational leadership:
- You need to have earned a minimum of 72 credit hours of college-level courses with a 2.0 or higher GPA, which will go toward your general education requirements;
- You can apply at any time;
- Classes are offered five times throughout the year and last eight weeks each;
- Classes are taught by full-time, on-campus professors;
- A Reach Higher coordinator at the University of Central Oklahoma will assist you with returning to school;
- To help you stay on track, you’ll receive academic advising and financial aid assistance, have your transcripts reviewed and put receive a degree completion plan;
- You’ll have the opportunity to customize your degree program toward your goals; and,
- Between the courses transferred to and taken at UCO, you’ll earn 124 total credit hours.
The online bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership covers broadly applicable business, leadership and management concepts with a 42 credit–hour core and involves a 12 to 15 credit–hour area of focus. You’ll further connect these two areas with a capstone project and have the chance to enrich your skill set with an optional internship.
All students, no matter their background, will prepare to motivate others and help organizations achieve their objectives through courses covering:
- Written and oral communication in the workplace;
- Applications of basic data analysis;
- Financial management and budgeting;
- Ethics involved in leadership and integrity in the workplace;
- Current issues affecting organizations, including environmental concerns, social responsibility, globalization, diversity and technological advances;
- Leadership and management theories; and,
- Markets and stakeholders, including buyer behavior, pricing, distribution channels and marketing.
You’ll gear your knowledge toward your desired career path by selecting one of two areas of focus.
- Supervision: Develop the skills to think and act like a leader. You’ll cultivate this mindset through courses in critical thinking, organizational dynamics, motivation, human resources, legal factors in employment and training and development.
- Global Citizenship: Create connections with others, no matter their role or location across the globe. Equipping you to develop strong business relationships are courses exploring diversity; design, marketing, law, cooperation, and communication in a global, intercultural context; and current and contemporary affairs.
Oklahoma’s 100 Critical Occupations List identifies a need in the state for individuals with management, leadership, communication and finance skills. Going beyond, the Bureau of Labor Statistics observes a 5% greater demand on a national level for management occupations between 2019 and 2029, with most positions requiring at least a bachelor’s degree.
Your degree earned through UCO and the Reach Higher–FlexFinish lets you enter or move up in:
- Operations and organization management;
- Training and development;
- Administrative supervision;
- Human resources;
- Public relations; or,
- Medical services.
Scholarships and Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshmen are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program, as well as multiple scholarships specific to the College of Education and Professional Studies.
Students considering completing their bachelor’s degree through Reach Higher–FlexFinish:
- Need to have earned an associate degree; OR
- 72 college credit hours with a 2.0 cumulative GPA; and,
- Be 21 years of age or older.
Students not meeting the above requirements may still qualify for admission. Applicants for the Reach Higher–Flex Finish program also are eligible to receive a UCO admissions application fee waiver. Contact Trevor Cox, Ph.D., organizational leadership program coordinator, for more information.
Advance Your Potential with an Online Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Leadership from UCO
Finish what you’ve put your mind to with UCO’s online Bachelor of Science in organizational leadership, and prepare for a rewarding, invigorating career. Request information today to learn more about this program, UCO’s Connected Campus and our participation in Reach Higher–FlexFinish.