Bursar, Enrollment, Financial Aid, and Records offices closed Friday, Sept. 22:
All other university offices open regular hours.
Kinesiology - Exercise and Fitness Management
The Exercise and Fitness Management program prepares professionals to promote and manage positive, healthful lifestyles in others. It is designed to provide to the corporate, industrial, recreational, educational and medical settings trained personnel who are capable of conducting adult fitness testing and developing personal fitness training programs that involve exercise and physical activity.
Students who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Identify and explain the body’s physiological response to exercise and adaptations resulting from exercise training
- Mechanically analyze a movement skill and make recommendations to maintain or improve performance
- Develop and teach an exercise session (e.g., warm-up, cardiorespiratory, muscular strength/endurance, cool down & flexibility)
- Assess health-related fitness components (e.g., cardiorespiratory, muscular strength/endurance, flexibility & body comp)
- Assess skill-related performance components (e.g., balance, coordination, speed, agility and power)
- Create and implement appropriate exercise prescriptions for apparently healthy adults
- Design exercise programming and develop plans to promote, implement, monitor and evaluate the programs designed
- Design budgets, job descriptions/postings and bid specifications for program administration
Kinesiology - Exercise and Fitness Management career opportunities include:
- Exercise physiology
- Personal training
- Performance enhancement and management
- Strength and conditioning coaching
- Group fitness instruction
- Health club or fitness center management
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshmen are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Education and Professional Studies.