Bursar, Call Center, Enrollment, Financial Aid, and Records offices closed Friday, Sept. 22:
All other university offices open regular hours.
The Industrial Safety degree program at UCO prepares students for practice in the safety, health and environmental profession.
Students who successfully complete this degree will be able to:
- Anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and develop control strategies for hazardous conditions and work practices
- Demonstrate the application of business and risk management concepts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental aspects of safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science, fire science, hazardous materials, emergency management, ergonomics and/or human factors
- Design and evaluate safety, health, and/or environmental programs
- Apply adult learning theory to safety training methodology
- Identify and apply applicable standards, regulations and codes
- Conduct accident investigations and analyses.
Career opportunities for Industrial Safety include:
- Hazard recognition
- Inspections and audits
- Fire protection
- Regulatory compliance
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshmen are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Education and Professional Studies.