The Industrial Safety degree program at UCO prepares students for practice in the safety, health and environmental profession.
Students who successfully complete this degree will be able to:
- Anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and develop control strategies for hazardous conditions and work practices
- Demonstrate the application of business and risk management concepts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental aspects of safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science, fire science, hazardous materials, emergency management, ergonomics and/or human factors
- Design and evaluate safety, health, and/or environmental programs
- Apply adult learning theory to safety training methodology
- Identify and apply applicable standards, regulations and codes
- Conduct accident investigations and analyses.
Career opportunities for Industrial Safety include:
- Hazard recognition
- Inspections and audits
- Fire protection
- Regulatory compliance
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshmen are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Education and Professional Studies.