UCO COVID-19 protocols remain in place for the spring 2021 semester. Masks are required on campus when around others. Students, faculty and staff directly exposed to or test positive for COVID-19 should fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage. View a list of UCO's virtual services.
General Studies - Online
The Bachelor of Science in General Studies is ideal for students returning to college to complete their degree and students who have earned credits in several disciplines and are close to earning the number of credits needed to graduate. Students choose classes across Central’s five academic colleges: Business, Education and Professional Studies, Fine Arts and Design, Liberal Arts and Mathematics and Science.
This degree can be completed online or on campus.
Students who complete this degree will be able to:
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge and reasoning skills across disciplines.
- Demonstrate the ability to summarize their academic career in a manner intelligible to a potential employer.
- Acquire a general knowledge of eight core content areas.
- Enhance their global thinking, critical thinking, communication skills, problem solving, quantitative and analysis skills, and technological innovation skills.
- Develop additional knowledge in an area of institutional focus.
- Gain intellectual knowledge applicable to their personal enrichment and/or professional advancement.
- Apply concepts and theories learned in the core content courses and area of focus to a capstone project at the end of the program.
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
Career opportunities for General Studies include:
- Child care
- Food service/production
- Organizational leadership
- Career, technical and workforce development
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshmen are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Education and Professional Studies.