The Fashion Marketing major at the University of Central Oklahoma offers a four-year program leading to a Bachelor of Science - Fashion Marketing degree. The fashion industry is composed of several segments: fibers, fabrics, apparel, retailing, production, wholesaling, and media. Together, these segments form an industry so broad, so complex and so varied there is hardly a skill, an aptitude, or an interest that cannot be accommodated. The Fashion Marketing program at UCO offers a comprehensive curriculum, while concentrating on apparel, advertising and promotion and retailing.
Student Learning Objectives
- Examine, strengthen, and apply the entrepreneurial skills necessary to start his/ her own business and/or work in an established business.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to enter the workforce in the fashion industry.
- Critically analyze and explore the diverse aspects of the fashion industry.
- Develop and justify the criteria for commitment to community in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which culture influences fashion.
Take advantage of these opportunities in the metro and in the marketing community, which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
The apparel and textiles industry include some of the largest employers in the nation. Career tracts can be at the store or corporate levels and can include the following career opportunities:
- Retail Buyer/Purchasing Agent
- Allocation Analyst
- Account Executive
- Department Store Owner or Manager
- Merchandise/District Retail/Sourcing Manager
- Manufacturer's Representative
- Marketing Specialist
- Merchandise Manager/Planner
- Visual Merchandising
- Marketing Manager
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers
Incoming freshmen are eligible for a variety of scholarships within the General Academic Scholarship Program. There are multiple scholarships specific to the College of Education and Professional Studies.