Effective Monday, May 24, 2021, UCO will no longer mandate the use of masks or social distancing. Those who have not been vaccinated should continue to wear a mask to protect themselves and others. Those who have been vaccinated may continue to voluntarily wear a mask if they choose.
Important resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Exposure/Positive Test | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Vaccination Self-Reporting | Virtual Services | COVID-19 Website
The Department of Wellness and Sport offers two year CPR certifications through the American Red Cross. All classes will be held at the Outdoor Adventure Recreation Center located at Lake Arcadia in Edmond Park (Second St. and Midwest Blvd.; two miles east of I-35).
- Hands-only CPR (regular class without certification): $25
- Basic CPR/AED (any single component, adult/child/infant): $50
- First Aid: $50
- CPR Plus (CPR/AED, first aid, any multiple components, adult/child/infant): $75
- Life Guard: $150
All currently scheduled classes will be Basic CPR/AED (adult). To schedule a class, or add other components, contact the OAR at 405-974-2200. Classes will be limited to 10 participants.
10 a.m.-12:15 p.m., May 11
3:15 p.m., May 11
As of July 1, OU Physicians Health and Wellness Clinic will no longer be on the UCO campus. UCO has compiled a list of neighboring clinic and hospital options for students to use.
Until further notice, walk-ins are not being accepted.
OU Physicians Health and Wellness Clinic provides primary care to UCO students, faculty, staff and the community. Conveniently located in the UCO Wellness Center, Room 105.
To make an appointment call 405-271-8261 or login to My OU Medicine.
Hours of Operations
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m..
COVID-19 Guidelines and Expectations
- All aspects of physical distancing and masking at all times will be observed.
- Please call ahead to schedule an appointment at 271-8261 or 271-UCO1.
- In order to minimize exposure risk walk-in patients will not be accepted.
- Same day appointments will continue to to be offered based upon availability.
- Telemedicine will be implemented and utilized whenever possible to provide convenient appointments.
- Wellness and Preventative Visits will be grouped at a different time than Sick Visits.
- Terminal cleaning procedures of exam rooms will be implemented in between each visit.
- Extensive cleaning of commonly touched surfaces will be conducted several times a day throughout the clinic.
- When you arrive for your appointment please call from your car to check in. You will need to wait in your car until you are called back. Accommodations will be made for those who intend to walk to the clinic. Please notify us when scheduling your appointment if you will not be driving.
- No visitors allowed during visit. If the patient is a minor, one parent or guardian may accompany patient during visit.
- Download the OU Medicine Health Connect app to schedule a virtual visit.
Off Campus Covid-19 Testing
Drive-thru COVID-19 testing is currently available on the Oklahoma Health Center campus in the Harold Hamm Diabetes Center parking lot, located at 701 N.E. 8th Street. Testing will be available seven days a week from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
Testing will be available for all ages (young children must be able to remain in their seat during the test) and a physician’s referral will not be needed. Appointments will be required. Families are welcome to schedule concurrent appointments, so they can arrive in one vehicle. All individuals in the vehicle must wear a mask.
When patients arrive for testing, they will remain in the vehicle and go through a check-in site before proceeding to the team which will conduct the nasal swab procedure. Samples will be sent to the OU Medicine CLIA-certified lab for processing. Negative test results will be communicated via secure email and those with positive results will be notified by phone.
To schedule a COVID-19 test, call the scheduling line at 405-271-7774.