Open recreation offers students, faculty, and staff the ability to come play a sport or activity without requiring a team, signing up/registering, or the commitment of participating on a regular basis. Feel free to come at any time during the scheduled event times and join in on the sport/activity selected for that day. open rec nights will take place on the east court of the Wellness Center, and sport offerings may change semester to semester depending on interest.
Available when no academic classes are present.Table Tennis
Until further notice, Adaptive and Include Recreation has been postponed.
Adaptive and inclusive recreation exposes students, faculty, and staff of all abilities to a variety of adaptive sports. Adaptive sports are sports played by people with a disability--while many of the sports have been adapted from existing able bodied sports, some have been created specifically for those with disabilities. Examples of sports UCO will offer include goalball, wheelchair basketball, adaptive rock climbing, sitting volleyball, table tennis, and more.
UCO offers a 1,400 square foot climbing area located outside in the "Yard" on the east side of the Wellness Center. The climbing wall includes bouldering, auto belays, and top-rope climbing, and is free to UCO students, faculty, and staff. Rentals on climbing equipment such as shoes, harnesses, belay devices, etc. are also free. The climbing wall is open to climbers of all levels (no prior experience necessary), and trained staff is on-site.
Hours of Operation
Mondays and Wednesdays 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
To climb at UCO, you must first attend a free basic safety class. The class is 20 minutes long and available during our normal operating hours. In the safety class, you will learn about the three types of climbing offered, UCO’s policies and procedures, how to properly wear/use our climbing gear, and how to belay.
Build strength, endurance, core stability, agility, and mobility in The Yard--the outdoor training area located on the east side of the Wellness Center. The Yard features TRX suspension equipment, agility ladders, tires, boxes, plates, kettle bells, and more.
- To ensure a comfortable atmosphere for everyone, please be courteous and respectful of others
- All participants must have completed a liability release waiver before being allowed to use equipment
- All participants must fully comply with all staff members on duty; failure to do so will result in immediate removal from Cross Training Central area
- Proper attire and closed toe shoes must be worn at all times
- DO NOT climb on Rock Wall at any time unless being instructed by Rock Wall personnel
- Absolutely no swearing
- Allow others to "work in" or take turns
- Return and rack weights when finished
Hours of Operation
The Yard will open September 8th.