The University of Central Oklahoma built a 57,342-square-foot Wellness Center for its students, faculty, staff, and community. The Wellness Center was created in March 2003, with four employees on staff. Today, more than 50 staff and students are employed in the UCO Department of Wellness and Sport. The facility includes office space, classrooms, locker rooms, group fitness room, fitness area with track, and gymnasium with two full-size basketball courts.
August (first day housing students move-in)-May 14
Monday-Thursday 6:00 a.m.-Midnight
Friday 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
May 15-August (first day housing students move-in)
Monday-Thursday 6:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Friday 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
All Department of Wellness and Sport facilities will be closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Spring Break, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break, and Winter Break. The UCO Wellness Center will also be closed when the University is closed for inclement weather.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Expectation
- Patrons must maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance from one another.
- Please adhere to all signage posted for everyone’s safety.
- Patrons must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Patrons must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Locker rooms will be open, physical distancing will be recommended.
- Remember the 3 C’s to help stop the spread of COVID-19, Influenza and other illnesses:
- COVER – cough (or sneeze) into the crook of your elbow or into a tissue that is immediately thrown away.
- CLEAN – frequently wash your hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds.
- CONTAIN – Stay home when you are sick until you have been free of fever.
A Wellness Center membership includes access to two multi-purpose gym courts, weight room, indoor track, cardio equipment, group fitness classes, functional fitness area, climbing wall and one Polar Body Age assessment per year. Memberships are available for ages 16 and up. All types of memberships may be purchased online.
- Students currently enrolled at the University of Central Oklahoma have an automatic membership through enrollment in one or more courses.
- Students must have a valid Student ID to gain access to the Wellness Center.
- Students that graduate or take a semester off may purchase a Community Membership.
Faculty and Staff Memberships
- UCO full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty and full-time and part-time staff have an automatic free membership to the UCO Wellness Center.
- UCO employees are encouraged to take advantage of the Employee Wellness-Physical Activity Policy, allowing for up to two hours of work time per week of physical activity.
- Faculty and staff must have a valid UCO ID to gain access to the Wellness Center.
Paid Memberships-Community, Alumni, Seniors, Sponsored, and Summer
- Payment options include; monthly automatic withdrawal, two six-month payments, or one annual payment.
- All memberships will have an annual administrative fee of $50 to be paid at the time of renewal or sign up. The administrative fee includes an annual parking pass for the UCO Wellness Center parking lots only.
- All memberships are six-month contracts.
- Early cancellations fees may apply.
- Community, Alumni, and Senior members can sponsor up to two household members at a discounted rate.
- Individuals not affiliated with the UCO campus may purchase memberships at a monthly rate of $29.99.
- Community members must use their Wellness Center issued ID to gain access to the Wellness Center.
- Alumni of UCO may purchase memberships at a monthly rate of $25.
- Alumni members must use their Wellness Center issued ID to gain access to the Wellness Center.
- Confirmation of alumni status will be verified through Alumni Relations.
- Seniors 55+ with a valid ID may purchase memberships at a monthly rate of $18.99.
- Senior members must use their Wellness Center issued ID to gain access to the Wellness Center.
- Community, Alumni, and Senior members of the UCO Wellness Center may sponsor up to two additional memberships per household at the monthly rate of $25.
- Sponsored members must use their Wellness Center issued ID to gain access to the Wellness Center.
- Summer memberships are valid May 15-July 31 for $115 and will include a Wellness Center parking pass.
- Summer members will be issued at temporary card to be used for the duration of the summer.
Please complete an online form to reserve space in the Wellness Center:
For outside groups and non-UCO related Wellness Center reservation inquiries, please contact Jeff Boyland the Director, Sport & Recreation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students, Faculty, and Staff
Lots 46 and 47 around the UCO Wellness Center are multi-purpose parking lots. Any Student, Faculty, or Staff with a current parking permit may park in these lots to access the Wellness Center
Wellness Center Member
Members with a current Wellness Center parking permit may park anywhere in lots 46 and 47. There are several spots on the north side of the Wellness Center reserved specifically for members with Wellness Center parking passes.
For those visiting the Wellness Center on business, there are two visitor parking spots directly in front of the Wellness Center.
There are two Pay to Park spots directly in front of the Wellness Center.
Assistant Vice President, Wellness & Sport
Katrina Shaklee | 405-974-3150
Fitness Manager, Personal Training Contact
Johnny Watley | 405-974-3155
Membership and Customer Service Representative
Charlea Sturdivan, 405-974-3116
Manager of Outdoor Recreation, Ropes Course Contact
Becka Johnson | 405-974-3143
Assistant Director, Events and Partnerships
Leigha Pemberton | 405-974-3160
Coordinator, Adaptive Sports & Events
Cassidhe Walker | 405-974-3411
Intramural Rec Specialist
Kollyn Reed | 405-974-3145