Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
Students, help Move the Needle on COVID-19 vaccinations.
Central Alert is the emergency notification system that allows UCO officials to send news and instructions simultaneously to individuals via calls, texts, or email. The immediate and direct access Central Alert features compliments tools the university already has in place to respond to a range of emergencies that may include weather-related closing, environmental health crises, public safety incidents, and other unique emergencies.
Students, faculty, and staff are automatically in the Central Alert system, based on personal information provided to the university. It is the responsibility of the student or employee to keep their contact information up to date. Alternative email, cell phone, and text message numbers can be opted out of and will not receive any emergency notification provided by the university. Phone numbers will only be called once, even if registered as multiple points of contact or registered to different people.
All Central Alert information should be updated in UCONNECT on the Student Information or Employee tab under My Central Alert. Employees must also update/confirm contact information (e.g., address, phone number, etc.) in Paycom in Address and Contact Information under the Information tab.
This service is only available to students, faculty, and staff of the University of Central Oklahoma. Affiliates, vendors, and community members do not have the ability to opt in to this service and will be notified of an emergency by facility personnel.
How to Update Your Information
Students and employees should confirm or update their enrollment in Central Alert via UCONNECT.
- Log in to UCONNECT at http://uconnect.uco.edu
- Click on the “Personal Information” page
- Under “Emergency Contact Information”, click “My Central Alert”
- In the available fields, enter a phone number for voice messages and/or to receive text messages. Click Save
- Scroll down and select an option for receiving text messages (SMS Text). Select Yes to receive messages (Opt In), select No to receive no messages
- To complete the process, select "Mark As Verified"
- The Central Alert sign-up/verification process is complete
Employees will need to complete the additional step of updating their personal information in Paycom. This can be done under the Information tab in Address and Contact Information.
- Log in to your Employee Portal at employee.uco.edu
- Click on Address and Contact Information under the Information tile
- In the available fields, enter updated contacted information. Personal emails will need to be verified
- Hit Update to save your updated information
- Your personal information is now updated in Paycom
As a student, faculty, or staff member, you can opt in to text message weather and closing alerts by providing a text-enabled, text message phone number to your My Central Alert profile. After confirming your text message number, you will receive a message that your carrier may require a reply to for final enrollment. This message, and all subsequent messages, will come from 226787, 67283, 78015, 81437, or 22911. Save this number as UCO Central Alert to quickly identify this number as the official source of UCO messages.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving these messages, you can delete your text message number from your Central Alert profile and by replying STOP to a Central Alert text message. To reinstate Central Alert messages, re-confirm your text message number in UCONNECT or text START to 226787, 67283, 78015, 81437, or 22911 (after registering your number in the system). Changes to your carrier will not affect your SMS enrollment if your number remains the same as the one currently registered.
Standard text message rates may apply.
The university conducts periodic tests of the Central Alert system to ensure the system is capable of reaching all UCO students, faculty, and staff at their provided contact information. These messages are clearly identified as a test of the system.
- All registered numbers(cell, home, work, other) will receive a call. If you or your voicemail system answer, a recorded message will be heard.
- If a personal email address is provided, both it and your UCO email will receive a test email.
- Those who have opted in to text messages will also receive messaging via this medium
In the event of an actual emergency, the university will relay critical information using the most appropriate options from our full range of notification resources including:
- Central Alert
- web announcements
- automated message line
- local radio/TV stations
- door-to-door notifications