Due to forecasted winter weather, the UCO campus will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 1. All offices will be closed and all classes are canceled.
Equity and Inclusion Education and Support Resources
It is one thing to espouse values of equity, diversity and inclusion. It is another to move into action. This site contains a collection of selected resources, spaces and information with which faculty, staff and students can engage to advance racial/social justice in their various roles; to further their own cultural competence development; and to practice self-care as they carry out the work of creating a more inclusive and equitable community.
- 2022 Multicultural and Interfaith Calendar - An academic calendar for the purpose of inclusive meeting and class planning.
- 2023 Multicultural and Interfaith Calendar
- Inclusive Programming Toolkit - An action-based guide for making equitable decisions.
Recruiting, Hiring and Department Culture
- Unconscious Bias in Recruiting - A guide to recruiting, interviewing and hiring while minimizing unconscious bias throughout the process
- Neurodiversity at Work - This guide is for HR professionals and leaders across functions who want to learn more about neurodiversity, the benefits for their organization, and how they can support
neurodivergent people to be comfortable and successful at work.
- Equitable Faculty Recruiting & Hiring - Data-driven strategies to build a more diverse faculty and inclusive department.
- Ombudsperson Program for Faculty - UCO's Ombudsperson program information.
Student Academic and Social/Emotional Support
- Center for Urban Education - A research-based website that brings equity-mindedness to higher learning institutions through socially conscious research, tools and learning institutes
- Dreamer Ally Training to support your DACA students - contact Dr. Liliana Renteria Mendoza or Dr. Alyssa Provencia
- SAFE Ally Training to support your 2SLGBTQIA+ students - contact Dr. Lindsey Churchill
- The Trevor Project - An introductory educational resource that covers topics and best practices on how to support transgender and nonbinary young people.
- UCO Land Acknowledgement - How to engage with the Land Acknowledgement plus educational resources to decolonize the Academy and support your Indigenous students/colleagues.
- Impactful readings for class discussion
- Anti-Racist Resources for Teaching
- Blog: Reflections on Intercultural Teaching & Learning
- A Guide to Coded Language in Education
- Supporting the Well-Being of Students of Color
- Discussion Guides for Topics Related to Social Justice
- Avoiding Microaggressions in the Classroom
- Inclusive Syllabi Review Guide
- Equity-Minded Pedagogy
- Challenging Assumptions with Curiosity - Lesson Plan & Materials
- Multicultural Education Institute
- How to support your students during social unrest
- Addressing Anti-Asian Racism With Students
- College Opportunity Programs for UCO Current & Prospective Students - Programs (TRIO and Gear Up) to motivate and support students from low income/disadvantaged backgrounds, veterans and students with disabilities in their pursuit of a college degree.
- DACA support and resources for Dreamers
- Disability Support Services - Determines appropriate housing and academic accommodations and coordinates auxiliary aids for students with disabilities. Request and accommodation or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org, 405-974-2516.
- Global Affairs - Assists UCO's international students with acclimating to college life in the United States.
- International House - Facilitates global engagement and intercultural proficiencies by bringing together Central's students, staff, faculty and community to create opportunities for transformative learning.
- Student Advocacy - Assistance with navigating student paths to success and degree completion at UCO as well as guidance and resources for financial and academic challenges. Email email@example.com or book an appointment.
- Student Diversity and Inclusion - Connect to campus resources and programs especially for students identifying with under-resourced communities. Email ODI@uco.edu or call 405-974-3588.
- Student Retention Initiatives - Black Male, Black Woman, Hispanic Success, LGBTQ+ Success, and Native American Success Initiative
- The Center - The Center has two arms, the Women's Research Center and BGLTQ+ Student Center, which work both independently and collaboratively to engage and advance women and the BGLTQ+ community at the University of Central Oklahoma, the greater Oklahoma City metropolitan region and beyond.
- Undergraduate Admissions - Prospective students who have questions regarding the application process or have general questions about UCO can call 405-974-2724.
- AAPI Mental Health Resources
- Compassion Fatigue
- The Diversity Center of Oklahoma Inc. - Primary and mental health care for gender diverse/ LGBTQ+ communities and their families
- Liberation meditation app for the BIPOC community
- Live Another Day - Mental health and substance use resources for the BIPOC community
- Mental Health Association Oklahoma
- National Alliance on Mental Illness of Oklahoma (NAMI)
- National Asian American Pacific Islander Mental Health Association (NAAPIMHA)
- Navigating racial trauma
- Practicing Mindfulness
- Resources to Help Empower Asian and Pacific Islander Communities
- The Steve Fund - Mental health and emotional well-being for young POC
- Stress Paws & UCO Health Promotion
- The Trevor Project - Suicide prevention and crisis intervention for the young LGBTQ community
- Tribal Behavioral Health Resource Guide