Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Positive Test, Symptoms, or Direct Exposure | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Website
The Inclusive Community Strategic Plan Steering Committee is comprised of individuals from all walks of life. To achieve the worthy and significant goal of building a community that reflects our espoused values and our metropolitan population, we will be intentional in our efforts. We will begin to focus our energy and intentions together over the course of this year through a series of thoughtful conversations on diversity and inclusion that will lead us to define our desired future state and how we achieve that goal.
Define an institutional plan to achieve inclusive excellence that communicates the university’s desired outcomes, and the objectives and action plans for accomplishing them.
This group is charged with coordinating the campus effort to articulate the university’s Inclusive Community Vision Statement and Inclusive Community Strategic Plan for achieving that vision.
This steering committee will consider the following in their work:
- The current campus climate on diversity and inclusion at the university.
- Ways to expand and ensure access to opportunity across the university and equity in distributing the benefits of it.
- Solicitation of, and adaptation to, feedback from relevant stakeholders throughout the development process.
- Recommend the means by which the university might address the gaps identified between the current state and the desired future state of inclusion at the university.
Expectations and Commitment
- Will frequently meet for working meetings
- Will prepare assignments and projects outside of meetings as to continually move along the process
- May be called upon to communicate/meet with various areas on campus to discuss the strategic planning process
- May meet with university units to consult and support during the creation of Diversity Action Plans
- Will assist with additional projects as needed
Opportunities and gaps identified as time-sensitive or those which could make a significant immediate impact should be brought forward in real-time.
Immediately following the conclusion of the task force’s work, the university will begin implementation of the included action plans.
The members of the IC Strategic Plan Steering Committee are:
- Trevor Cox, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Adult Education and Safety Sciences
- Camille Farrell, Assistant Director of Student Transformative Learning Record
- Diallo Foster, President of the Diversity Roundtable, Undergraduate Student
- MeShawn Green, Former Inclusive Community Officer, Alumnae
- Christina Hendrickson, Ph.D., Coordinator of Human Physio Lab
- Kate Holmes, Development Coordinator for College of Liberal Arts, Graduate Student
- Reggie Jordan, Assistant Athletics Director, African American Faculty/Staff Association president, Staff Senate representative
- Barry Lofton, Executive Director of TRIO & GEAR UP programs
- Liliana Renteria Mendoza, Executive Director of Academic Policy & Curriculum
- Jenna Messick, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Biology & Curator of the UCO Natural History Museum Herbarium
- Cristi Moore, Inclusion & Diversity Strategist, Alumnae
- Amel Muhamedagic, Assistant Head Soccer Coach
- Adrienne Nobles, Vice President for Communications & Public Affairs
- Elizabeth Overman, Ph.D., Professor of Political Policy & Administration
- Tyler Owens, UCOSA Representative, Undergraduate Student
- Melissa Powers, Ph.D., Professor of Kinesiology & Health Studies
- Alyssa Provencio, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Political Science, Latino Faculty/Staff Association President, Faculty Senate Representative
- Julia Reed, Senior Director of Center for Counseling & Well-Being
- Jared Scism, Assistant Director of International Programming, Staff Senate Representative
- Charlotte Simmons, Ph.D., Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Alicia Tafoya, Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts
- Mickie Vanhoy, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, Native American Faculty/Staff Association President
- Kelly Vaughn, Director of Physical Plant
- Sharla Weathers, Director of Disability Support Services
- Hongguo Wei, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Management