UCO requires all students, employees and visitors to wear a mask on campus when around others, both indoors and outdoors, and practice physical distancing of at least six feet when possible. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 symptoms, has been directly exposed to COVID-19 or has tested positive, fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage. View a list of UCO's virtual services.
Addressing Racial and Social Injustice
Action and Support
- OKC Black Lives Matter Facebook page for peaceful protest information
- Black Lives Matter, including server teaching toolkits
- 10 steps to Non-Optical Allyship
- Support black-owned businesses in Oklahoma City
Teaching and Administrative Support
- If you are teaching, please take some time to email your students and check in on them. Here is a helpful email template drafted by Dr. Les Hutchinson
- Impactful readings for class discussion
- A statement supporting the Black Lives Matter movement can be helpful. The NCTE/CCCC Black Caucus and CCCC Feminist Caucus Twitter accounts can help with language and resources.
- Selected Professional Development Resources about Social Injustice for Faculty and Staff
This Black Lives Matter Google doc is continuously updated with additional collected resources.