Physical Plant is comprised of 10 teams that support UCO's campus, buildings, special events, and activities. Services include both regular scheduled maintenance and requests placed through the FAMIS Work Order system by building captains for services like event setup and cleanup, banner hanging, area marking, electrical support, trash disposal, and more.
The Carpentry team assists in the maintenance of UCO's buildings and grounds. The following is a sample of tasks that are regularly assigned to the department:
- Small repairs to cement, brick, and other building veneers
- Repairs to fences and exterior walls
- Flooring repairs
- Door and window maintenance
- Ceiling tile installation and maintenance
- Repair, replace, and remove bollards
UCO contracts with WFF Facility Services for the professional cleaning of campus buildings. They are responsible for the care of educational, administrative, and residential facilities on a regular cleaning schedule. Please contact your building captain to request services through the work order system. If you are concerned that an area has had repeated custodial service concerns, please contact your building captain.
The Electrical team is responsible for maintaining:
- Lighting and power sources in E&G buildings
- Installing new and additional electrical work, remodeling, etc.
- Marking underground electrical lines on campus for OKIE
- Responding to elevator shutdowns, fire/safety, and clock systems
- Performing electrical connections for special events
- Maintaining campus parking lots and sidewalk lighting
- Responding to campus power outages and assisting the electrical utility company when necessary.
The Setup and Recycling team is responsible for:
- Setting up for events held on campus
- Office relocation services
To request setup, complete a work order to request tables, chairs, barricades, and/or trash cans. Items are available on a first come, first serve basis.
UCO contracts with Johnson Control, Inc. for all routine and preventive maintenance and repairs on campus heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems on the UCO campus. HVAC services on campus may include:
- Maintaining a variety of heating and air conditioning systems, including chillers, boilers, fan coil units, and unit heaters
- Maintaining building exhaust systems, excluding smoke purge
- Responding to calls relating to heating and air conditioning concerns
The Landscape Maintenance team is responsible for:
- Landscape and maintenance of grounds
- Trash pickup
- Snow and ice removal
- Placing campus banners (requires UCOMM approval)
- All turf maintenance
- Administering all pre- and post-emergent and fertilizations
The Material Services team is responsible for:
- Material supplies for the physical plant
- Scheduling pest control
- Lost and found
In our continuing commitment to be a "green campus," Facilities Management has reduced our fleet and as a result, no longer has vehicles to loan or check out. We will continue to have a very limited number of golf carts available. These are checked out on a first-come, first-served basis. Golf carts can only be used by UCO faculty/staff and may be reserved by submitting a service request. Risk Management requires drivers complete the online Golf Cart Training Course before the use of golf carts on campus is permitted.
The Motor Pool team provides maintenance support for the service and repair of the following machinery and equipment on campus:
- All licensed road vehicles including heavy trucks and vans
- All non-licensed heavy and light off-road diesel and electric equipment including backhoes, tractors, forklifts, and golf carts
- Designated university emergency generator units, compressors, and welders whether stationary or mobile
- Small gas and electrical equipment including generators, pressure washers, chain saws, and lifting equipment
Additionally, Motor Pool also operates and maintains a fuel site for university-owned vehicles and submits required monthly maintenance reports to the State of Oklahoma Department of Central Services.
The Paint team is responsible for:
- Painting walls, floors, ceilings, handrails, door jambs, and fire lanes
- Repairing damages to sheetrock and plaster
- Striping Plunkett Park
- Refinishing and staining selected items
- Inspecting campus buildings for damages and scuffed walls
- Unclogging and repairing sewer piping and fixtures
- Repairing and maintaining natural gas piping
- Repairing or replacing sink piping, sinks, faucets, backflow devices, hot water heaters, circulating pumps, hydrants, and drinking fountains
- Maintaining, repairing, or replacing storm water piping, drains, and sump pumps
- Maintaining and repairing irrigation piping, rotors, sprays, zones, and controls
- Welding minor steel, aluminum, stainless steel and cast
The Setup and Recycling team is responsible for:
- Recycling pickup on a weekly and as needed basis of accepted materials
Glass, pizza boxes, packing peanuts, Styrofoam, lightbulbs, and batteries are not accepted items for recycling.
These efforts make a difference! Since 2019 UCO students, faculty, and staff saved 454,505 pounds of trash from landfills!
There are almost 400 recycling bins on campus that are emptied weekly (or as needed in select locations) and their contents transported to an off-campus recycling facility. Campus recycling bin locations in specific buildings can be using the maps below.