Skip navigation

Below are a few questions and answers you might have when applying to the Jackson College of Graduate Studies, or throughout your Graduate College experience.  

What graduate degree programs are offered at UCO?

Review the Graduate Catalog for a full list of graduate degree programs.

What are the admissions requirements for graduate study at UCO?

Admissions requirements may vary by program. Please refer to the program's degree sheet in the Graduate Catalog for a detailed view of all requirements.

How do I apply?

U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, Undocumented, or DACA students and all students outside of the U.S. who wish to take graduate-level courses should follow the steps provided on the graduate application instructions web page. 

If you need any assistance in the meantime, please call 405-974-3341 or email the UCO Graduate College

International students seeking application assistance may call 405-974-3341 or email

What are application deadlines I need to be aware of?

Refer to your program's degree sheet found in the Graduate Catalog, or  Graduate Application Deadlines for program-specific deadlines.

International students may view the general international application deadlines.

How do I contact a Graduate Program Advisor?

Each graduate program at UCO has a graduate advisor or mentor. Find your Graduate Program Advisor for your respective program area of stud.

How do I contact a Graduate Admissions Specialist?

Contact the Graduate College to reach out to a graduate admissions specialist for specific admissions questions.

Am I allowed to transfer graduate hours from another school?

A maximum of 10 (ten) semester hours of graduate credit from an appropriately accredited, degree-granting institution may be transferred to a graduate degree program at the University of Central Oklahoma.  These 10 hours must carry grades of “B-” or higher, must apply to the student’s UCO program and must appear on a UCO Plan of Study. Courses must be approved by the graduate program advisor and the Dean of the Jackson College of Graduate Studies.
If the courses have been used to satisfy degree requirements at other universities, they cannot count toward degrees at UCO.  Only those courses approved by graduate program advisors for credit toward UCO degrees will count toward GPA calculations.

How can I view the class schedule?

 View the University's full class schedule list.

What kind of support is available for students with disabilities?

UCO's Disability Student Services (DSS) office is located in the Nigh University Center, room 305. The staff are available to help with additional information regarding disability.  You may also find additional information located in the DSS Handbook.

What types of financial aid are available for graduate students at UCO?

Financial Aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify. 

How can I find out more information on housing?

The University offers housing to students looking to live in the heart of campus.

How can I find help to complete my graduate college online application?

Graduate College Application Support provides admission support as a resource to assist you with frequently asked questions, program deadlines, funding opportunities, supplemental item descriptions and other additional questions you may encounter during admission to graduate studies at the University of Central Oklahoma. You may also book a virtual appointment with a Graduate Admissions Specialist.