UCO has temporarily shifted most in-person classes to synchronous virtual delivery through Jan. 31. Campus facilities and services will remain open and offer in-person and virtual options. COVID-19 protocols remain in place. Masks are required on campus when around others. Students, faculty and staff who are directly exposed to or test positive for COVID-19 should fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage.
Operational Contingency Plan
The 2020 Operational Contingency Plan will go into effect in the event the university moves to alternative instructional delivery. The university, in essence, will revert to its Summer 2020 Operational Plan, with some adjustments, as detailed in the points below.
Making the Decision to Activate the Contingency Plan
The University Cabinet, Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the COVID-19 On-Call Task Force are continually monitoring conditions on campus, in the community and throughout the state. Decisions will be made after consideration of state and federal public health agency guidelines and recommendations and the level of community spread on the university campus and the surrounding areas. Based on recommendations from the Cabinet, DPS and/or the COVID-19 On- Call Task Force or based on action by the State of Oklahoma, the University President will make the decision to enact the contingency plan.
Activation of the Contingency Plan
- For in-person classes, faculty will continue class via their identified plan for alternative synchronous instructional delivery until cleared to return to the classroom. Faculty may use classrooms to access technology to livestream lectures and other instruction.
- Online classes will continue as planned.
- Faculty will communicate with the students enrolled in their classes their plan for alternative synchronous delivery.
- Students should follow the updated guidance for assignments and deadlines communicated by the professor.
- Students and faculty in need of technology access or connectivity should contact the Office of Information Technology to inquire about equipment available for checkout.
Campus Facilities and Services
- UCO facilities will remain open to students, faculty and staff, including the Library and Wellness Center. Access to some areas and services may be limited. Those accessing facilities must follow requirements for wearing face coverings and social distancing.
- Services will continue with virtual and/or by-appointment delivery or with limited open hours. Departments and offices will provide updates for their specific services if different from what was posted in the summer reopening plan.
- Housing will remain open and accessible.
- Residents may be moved within the residence halls for physical distancing, self-quarantine, self- isolation or operational effectiveness
- Ayers Kitchen in Bausher Place will remain open for service with modified operating hours or staffing. Meals will be served to-go.
- Other dining facilities may open for limited hours with to-go options.
UCO-sponsored events scheduled to be held in any UCO-owned or operated facility may continue subject to enforcement of state and national public health agency and campus protocols for distancing and face coverings. An option for virtual participation may be arranged where appropriate.
External Group Events
Campus events sponsored by external groups may continue subject to enforcement of state and national public health agency and campus protocols for distancing and face coverings.