Requirements for R.N. to B.S., Nursing
For nursing students who have successfully completed an Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited program and are licensed as a Registered Nurse, 35 hours of Advanced Standing Credit may be awarded for completion of nursing courses taken in the Associates Program. The Advanced Standing Credits will be awarded upon completion of the required UCO R.N. to B.S. nursing courses.
Nursing students graduating with an A.A. or A.S. degree in Nursing may have met the University of Central Oklahoma Core Requirements totaling 42-44 hours. Students with an A.A.S. degree will be required to complete the University Core Requirements.
In addition, students interested in the R.N. to B.S. option must complete the following Nursing Major Requirements (or equivalent courses as determined by the Department of Nursing) prior to admission to the R.N. to B.S. track:
- CHEM 1014: Introductory Chemistry and Lab
- BIO 1114: General Biology OR BIO 1204 Biology 1 for Majors
- NTRN 1513: Introduction to Nutrition
- PSY 1103: General Psychology
- SOC 2103: Sociology
- BIO2314: Intro to Microbiology and Lab
- BIO 2504: Human Anatomy and Lab OR FNRL 2214: Elementary Human Anatomy and Dissection
- BIO 2604: Human Physiology and Lab
- ECON 2173: Principles of Business Statistics OR PSY 2753: Psychological Statistics OR SOC 4043: Sociological Statistics OR STAT 2113: Statistical Methods OR ECON 2303: Statistics for Healthcare OR STAT 2103: Intro to Statistics for Sciences
- PHIL 1103: Logic and Critical Thinking OR PHIL 1113: Intro to Philosophy OR PHIL 1123: Contemporary Moral Problems OR PHIL 2073: Social & Political Philosophy
- NURS 2113: Individual and Family Development through the Lifespan
For information regarding prerequisites or to schedule a transcript review, contact Lindsay Berry, R.N. to B.S. academic advisor.