Skip navigation

Important Update:

Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high. Oklahoma County is currently listed as an area of high transmission by the CDC. The CDC further recommends that unvaccinated individuals continue to wear a mask when around others indoors, regardless of their area’s rate of transmission. 

COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Exposure/Positive Test | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Vaccination Self-ReportingCOVID-19 Website 

Department of Nursing

Welcome to the University of Central Oklahoma Department of Nursing. 

Our Graduates

The first nursing class from the nursing department at the University of Central Oklahoma graduated in 1972.  Since that time, over 3,500 well-qualified graduate nurses have entered the workforce.  Graduates of this program are known for being some of the best nurses in the state of Oklahoma and around the nation, and the UCO Department of Nursing is proud to continue this tradition.

Options Available

Students interested in earning a nursing degree from the University of Central Oklahoma now have multiple options for their education.  The core of the program is the traditional four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing and the two-year Master of Science in Nursing.  Building on these options is the Online R.N. to B.S. track for R.N.s who want to complete their Bachelor's degree in nursing; and the Fast Track B.S. in Nursing for those who have earned a traditional bachelor's degree in another field and would like to change to the profession of nursing. 


The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master’s degree program in nursing at the University of Central Oklahoma are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (

A link has been provided by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) for you to determine whether the UCO Nursing program  meets requirements for Licensure in the State where you are located.  Contact information for any applicable licensing boards and advisement will be provided upon request