National Board Examination (NBE) Preparation
Students should not register for the NBE until they are enrolled in Practicum and Board Review. Practicum and Board Review are taken in the student's final semester prior to graduation. Approval from the department to take the exam will not be granted until a student has met all requirements of the program and Board Review course.
The International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards has registration information and study materials for the NBE and State Board Exam.
The examination and licensing process result in additional expenses to the student and are determined by the appropriate agencies. The expenses are not affiliated with the UCO Funeral Service Department and are expenses of all graduates seeking licensure.
- College of Mathematics & Science Scholarships
- UCO Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Funeral Service Foundation Scholarships
- Educational Trust Second-Career Scholarship
- National Board Exam Scholarship
- Order of the Golden Rule Foundation Scholarship
- Practicum Application Packet - Embalming/Funeral Directing
- Embalming Case Report
- Student Funeral Director Case Report
- Weekly Time Log
- Preceptor Training Manual
- Hepatitis Vaccination
- Liability & Responsibility Notice
- Hold Harmless Agreement
Job opportunities are posted on our Facebook page.
Funeral Service-Related Sites
- Oklahoma Funeral Directors Association
- National Funeral Directors Association
- Oklahoma Funeral Board
- American Board of Funeral Service Education
- The International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards