National Board Results and Program Information
National Board Examination scores, graduation rates, and employment rates for this and other ABFSE-accredited programs are available online. To request a printed copy of this program's rates, go to UCO Department of Funeral Service, CHS 154, email, or by telephone 405-974-5001.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the accredited Bachelor’s Degree and Certificate program, students will be able to:
• Explain the importance of funeral service professionals in developing relationships with the families and communities they serve.
• Identify standards of ethical conduct in funeral service practice.
• Interpret how federal, state, and local laws apply to funeral service in order to ensure compliance.
• Apply principles of public health and safety in the handling and preparation of human remains.
• Demonstrate technical skills in embalming and restorative art that are necessary for the preparation and handling of human remains.
• Demonstrate skills required for conducting arrangement conferences, visitations, services, and ceremonies.
• Describe the requirements and procedures for burial, cremation, and other accepted forms of final disposition of human remains.
• Describe methods to address the grief-related needs of the bereaved.
• Explain management skills associated with operating a funeral establishment.
• Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and research skills needed for funeral service practice.