The Department of Engineering and Physics maintains a committed advisory board made up of industrial and academic partners as well as faculty and alumni. These partners actively participate in determining the broad directions of department programs through an annual advisory board meeting and other forums and presentations.
The board is vital to department operations and ensuring our students are graduating with the appropriate training to serve as excellent engineers.
Provide advice and assistance to the department in the following activities and goals:
- Curricular and program review;
- Assessments of program effectiveness;
- Linkage with industry, alumni, and friends of the department;
- Placement of students in internships and permanent employment;
- Transfer technology from faculty research programs to industry;
- Enhance private, state, and federal funding; and,
- Communication with neighboring universities and colleges.
Board Membership and Terms
The membership of the advisory board, which will be honorary, will consist of at least nine members. The membership should include representatives from the following entities.
- Department of Engineering and Physics at UCO (serving as the faculty liaison)
- Technical organizations in the metropolitan Oklahoma City area
- Technical corporations in the metropolitan Oklahoma City area
- Federal and state government organizations in the metropolitan Oklahoma City area that employ engineers and scientists.
- Other institutions of higher learning
- Board members shall serve two-year terms. Terms may be renewed with the concurrence of the member, the faculty liaison and the advisory board.
- Appointment and removal of membership shall be recommended by the faculty liaison and approved by the advisory board.
- If a board member cannot complete a term a replacement shall be appointed, provided there is at least one full year remaining in the term.
- The advisory board chair and vice chair will be selected by the board members.