UCO COVID-19 protocols remain in place for the spring 2021 semester. Masks are required on campus when around others. Students, faculty and staff directly exposed to or test positive for COVID-19 should fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage. View a list of UCO's virtual services.
Computer Science Advisement
In previous semesters, faculty advisement was mandatory for every undergraduate computer science (CS)/software engineering (SE) major. Unfortunately due to rising enrollment, the increased workload of advising every major each semester became unsustainable for faculty advisors. To use existing resources more effectively, the department has changed the scope of faculty advisement such that only the following student groups will be advised each semester.
- GROUP 1: Students who have just entered the CS or SE major at UCO and have not taken any CMSC or SE courses. These include freshmen, transfer students and students who change their major to CS/SE.
- GROUP 2: Students who will be enrolling in the subsequent semester(s) into (1) CMSC 2613 Programming II, or (2) CMSC 3613 Data Structures and Algorithms, or (3) the Capstone course (CMSC 4513 Software Design & Development or SE 4513 Software Engineering Senior Project).
- If you are a student in this group, a hold will NOT be placed on your account.
- However, students will need to obtain instructor permission to enroll in the courses.
- Please contact Gang Qian, Ph.D., Hong Sung, Ph.D., or Tom Turner, Ph.D., for advisement. The faculty advisor will then provide instructor permission for you to enroll
- Graduate students (MS degree) are required to get approval of the course schedule every semester before enrollment.