Department of Computer Science
The University of Central Oklahoma Department of Computer Science has nine regular faculty members whose interests include software engineering, computer network and security, database systems, mobile and web development, artificial intelligence, robotics, operating systems, computer architecture, and programming language translators.
Department facilities include classrooms that are fully equipped with multimedia projectors, SMART Boards and computers to make live demonstrations of computer science fundamentals. Students and faculty members have a personal computer laboratory, three Linux servers, and one Mac server for their use to complete course assignments and perform research.
The University of Central Oklahoma Department of Computer Science offers five baccalaureate programs and two graduate programs:
- B.S. in Computer Science (Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET)
- B.S. in Computer Science - Applied
- B.S. in Computer Science - Information Science
- B. S. in Software Engineering (Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET)
- Certificate in Cybersecurity
- M.S. in Computer Science
The department also offers interdisciplinary programs at undergraduate and graduate levels with the Department of Engineering and Physics and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics:
- B.S. in Computer Engineering (Jointly offered with Engineering and Physics)
- B.S. in Data Science (Jointly offered with Mathematics and Statistics)
- M. S. in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science (Jointly offered with Mathematics and Statistics)
- M. S. in Data Science (Jointly offered with Mathematics and Statistics)
The department has a computer lab with tutors to help students. Our class sizes are small, which allows for interaction between students and professors. Our interactive video classes and evening classes are tailored for individuals with busy schedules.