Submit the following items to:
Jackson College of Graduate Studies
100 N. University Drive, NUC 404
Edmond, OK 73034
The admission criteria for MPA Public and Nonprofit Management and Urban Management tracks are published in the UCO Graduate catalog. UCO publishes admission standards for incoming graduate students. The application is tailored to the type of graduate students whether U.S. residential or international. Academic admission requirements are published in the graduate admissions catalog. Prospective students must remit an undergraduate and graduate transcripts with all degrees posted from each accredited institution and submit a $60 application fee. Acceptance to the MPA program is on a rolling basis. The MPA nucleus faculty comprise the program’s admissions committee. Students who submit the application for admission are admitted to the program by one of the three following methods:
- A minimum 2.75 overall GPA or 3.00 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted;
- GRE scores. The student must obtain a score of 150 on the verbal portion of the GRE, 145 on the quantitative portion of the GRE and 4.5 on the writing portion of the GRE; or,
- Possess a master’s degree from an accredited university/college with an overall GPA of 3.00.
Students with a native language other than English must submit evidence of English language proficiency. Students falling below these standards may qualify for conditional admission. There are 12 discrete categories of graduate admission. Degree-seeking students must also be accepted by their program prior to enrolling in graduate courses.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-974-5353.
Cost of MPA Degree
In-State Tuition and Fees
- In-state tuition (total, non-discounted full-time student cost): $10,499
- In-state fees: $3,612
- Total cost: $14,113
Out-of-State Tuition and Fees
- Out-of-state tuition (total, non-discounted full-time student cost): $25,522
- Out-of-state fees: $3,092
- Total cost: $28,603
Financial Aid Statistics
- Full-time students receiving financial aid: 78%
- Part-time students receiving financial aid: 64%
- International students (full and part time) receiving financial aid: 47%
Scholarships and Awards
Students in the MPA Program have the opportunity to receive select awards.Awards include:
- Master of Public Administration Award;
- Outstanding First Year Graduate Student Scholarship;
- Outstanding Second Year Graduate Student Award; and,
- Outstanding Second Year Graduate Student Award in Master of Public Administration.
UCO MPA students have the opportunity to participate in graduate/teaching assistantships. The average stipend for a graduate or teaching assistant per semester is $3,640, which may include a $400 tuition waiver.