UCO COVID-19 protocols remain in place for the spring 2021 semester. Masks are required on campus when around others. Students, faculty and staff directly exposed to or test positive for COVID-19 should fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage. View a list of UCO's virtual services.
A major in political science creates a solid education in the liberal arts and sciences. Our goal is to prepare graduates for a variety of careers by emphasizing the acquisition of skills in communication and analysis; and by encouraging independent thought, tolerance, and informed interest in current affairs. The ability to define a problem and contribute to its solution is actively sought by employers; just like skills in writing, research, and evaluation.
Who knows exactly what they want to do? If you do, great! Political science is perfect for careers in:
- Local Government
- State Government
- National Levels of Government
- International Organizations
- Political Campaigns
- Interest Groups
- Lobbying Organizations
What if you don't know what you want to do? That's okay. You can expect to change jobs a number of times and even to have more than one career, and political science is excellent preparation for the flexibility required to succeed in the modern employment market.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Arts in Political Science - General
- Master of Arts in Political Science - International Relations
- Political Science - General
- Political Science - International Relations
- Political Science - Pre-Law
- Political Science - Public Administration
- Asian Studies
- Global Studies
Accelerated Degree Pathway (ADP)
Look forward to applying your junior year.
- Begin graduate studies your senior year;
- Count graduate courses toward your undergraduate AND master's degrees; and,
- Reduce time completing both degrees.
B.A. to M.P.A.
Undergraduate students wishing to apply for the B.A./M.P.A. Accelerated Degree Pathway in Public Administration may enroll in three MPA graduate-level courses as seniors under the graduate college's Accelerated Degree Pathway Program Policy. Admission requires a 3.0 undergraduate GPA and application to and approval of the POL Accelerated B.A./M.P.A. Committee.