High School Photography Day Camp
The UCO Department of Mass Communication will host the ninth annual week-long Photography Day Camp for high school students in the summer of 2023.
The camp aims to provide students with a better understanding of photography’s many genres and offers a preview of Central’s photography program. Lessons feature traditional portraiture, through the use of high-end lighting equipment in a professional studio; fashion photography, with field trips to various off-campus locations; black and white film photography and darkroom techniques; and Photoshop and digital printing. The week’s events will close with a gallery exhibition of the student’s work.
- Camp dates: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. July 10-14, 2023
- The application deadline is June 16, 2023.
- We accept current, incoming, and outgoing high-schoolers.
- Tuition is $375.
- Lunches are included in tuition.
- Personal DSLR cameras are recommended but not required. A limited number of DSLR and film cameras will be available.
- For more information, contact Chantel Wolff at 405-974-5581 or email@example.com.
Please complete and return the Camp Application by mail, with tuition check of $375, to:
The University of Central Oklahoma
Department of Mass Communication
ATTN: Chantel Wolff
100 N. University Drive Box 196
Edmond, OK 73034
Financial Support is Available
A camper requesting financial support will be asked to write a two-page essay discussing their interesting in photography or the arts, explaining their financial situation, and why they believe the camp will benefit them. There may be additional paperwork to complete once a scholarship is awarded. Essays will be due before the application deadline, so we have time to review.
Financial aid essays should be emailed to Chantel Wolff (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 9, 2023.
Check us out on social media!
Photos from previous years may be found on our Facebook page: