International Photo Contest
Call for Entries
The Woody Gaddis Gallery, on the University of Central Oklahoma campus, seeks entries for the juried exhibition titled “Analog”, celebrating artists who embrace film and traditional alternative photographic processes. We invite artists to incorporate at least one analog process in their creative journey. In a world saturated with an estimated 1.6 trillion photographs taken in 2023 alone, some artists turn to film photography and historical processes, intentionally slowing down to rediscover the artistry of image-making.
Eligibility and Fees
Anyone is eligible to enter. There is no entry fee to compete.
- Jan. 7: Digital Submission Due
- Jan. 12: Selections will be made and artists notified
- Jan. 29: Physical Submissions Due
- Feb. 5 - March 6: Exhibition
- March 15: Submissions mailed back to artist
- Up to three submissions of photographic work including traditional darkroom, digital, alternative process, and manipulated images.
- Images should be resolution 72 ppi and 1500 pixels on the longest side.
- Flattened JPG files
- 8 bit files
- RGB or Grayscale
- JPG compression, quality 10
- Files should be titled “LastName_FirstName_01Title.jpg”
- Submissions and ENTRY FORM must be submitted to Dropbox by Sunday, Jan. 7 at 11:59pm.
Woody Gaddis Gallery
University of Central Oklahoma
100 North University Dr.
Edmond, Oklahoma 73034
All images selected for the exhibition must be printed, framed or mounted professionally and should arrive ready to hang on the wall. Physical prints must be received by 5 p.m., Monday, Jan. 29.
The artist may pick up submissions in person after the exhibition or will be mailed* back to the artist March 15, 2024.
*Artist must provide return postage and packaging.
- Jesse L. Miller, UCO professor of photography
- Mark Zimmerman, UCO assistant chair and professor
- Angela Cejda Mackey, UCO manager of photography labs
Artists retain full rights to their work. By submitting to the Woody Gaddis Gallery, artists grant the use of selected images for the purpose of marketing the gallery and display on its website.
For more information about the UCO International Photo Contest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hero Image: "Pleasure in the Center" by Anna Goraczko
"Bill" by Gabrielle Rollins
"Pleasant Hill School" by Mark Whittig
"Untitled" by Jahven Tanner