Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Positive Test, Symptoms, or Direct Exposure | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Website
Looking for a Degree to Take You Places?
The Department of Mass Communication has embarked on an ambitious journey to interweave the foundations of a strong collegiate education for lifelong learning with the practical preparation for professional careers with emerging and continually evolving technologies and new social media.
Office Hours: M-F, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. by appointment only
- Appointments for meetings (virtual and in-person) with Dean’s Office personnel can be made by calling 405-974-3771 or emailing email@example.com.
- Consistent with revised CDC guidance, both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
About the Department of Mass Communication
With 25 full-time and 25 part-time faculty, our students benefit from a wide range of professional and scholarly expertise. We are passionate about our mission: “Helping Students Learn!” We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the diverse opportunities available through our student-run media, student organizations, internships, guest speakers, and travel abroad study tours." - Dr. Mary Carver, Chair of Mass Communication
UCO's Department of Mass Communication values knowledge and professional skills that advance all toward successful career preparation, responsible citizenship to preserve a free and engaged society, and life-long learning within a global community. Our student-centered approach, supported by quality teaching and creative scholarly achievement, emphasizes clear communication, effective writing, critical thinking, creative expression, community service, ethical principles, and innovative leadership.
Get your Bachelor of Arts in:
- Interpersonal Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Photographic Arts (Commercial, Photojournalism)
- Professional Media (Broadcasting, Documentary Film, Journalism, Online Media)
- Strategic Communications (Advertising, Brand Communications, Public Relations)
UCO International Photo Contest
UCO Mass Communication's Photographic Arts program is hosting its annual international photo contest. Digital submissions are due Jan. 5, 2022.