The University of Central Oklahoma physical campus will be closed to all but essential employees beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday, March 26, through at least April 15. UCO will transition to alternative instructional delivery methods from March 28 through the end of the spring semester. Many university services will continue to be available online. For more information, visit the university's COVID-19 website.
The following speakers have confirmed their attendance at the Teaching the Middle East seminar.
- Shmuel Shepkaru, University of Oklahoma: Ancient Israel and Judaism
- Scott Johnson, University of Oklahoma: The Hellenistic and Roman Middle East
- Thomas Carlson, Oklahoma State University: Byzantium and Christianity
- Kate Lang, East Central University: Islam and the Caliphates
- Michael Springer, University of Central Oklahoma: The Crusades and Mongol Conquests
- James Tallon, Lewis University: The Ottoman Empire
- Husam Mohamad, University of Central Oklahoma: The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- James Clark, University of Nebraska at Omaha: Modern Iran
- Nathan French, Miami University of Ohio: Terrorism in the Middle East