College of Liberal Arts
The College of Liberal Arts fulfills UCO’s mission to help students learn by educating productive, creative, ethical, and involved citizens and leaders who speak clearly, write well, appreciate differences, ask questions, value the past, engage with the present, create the future and contribute in meaningful ways to the intellectual and civic life of the community.
The College of Liberal Arts is comprised of seven departments and one school, and every single student who starts the path toward a degree at the University of Central Oklahoma will walk our halls. From English Composition to Crime and Intelligence Analysis, courses in the College of Liberal Arts are designed to challenge you, excite you, engage you and enrich your life.
The College of Liberal Arts includes:
- The School of Criminal Justice
- The Department of English
- The Department of History and Geography
- The Department of Humanities and Philosophy
- The Department of Mass Communication
- The Department of Modern Languages
- The Department of Political Science
- The Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Substance Abuse Studies
The College of Liberal Arts provides a wide range of scholarships, tuition-waivers, support services, and co-curricular activities including student organizations, guest speakers, and service and outreach activities that promote the success of students in Core Curriculum classes and in undergraduate or graduate degree programs in the Liberal Arts.
We encourage you to explore these pages and to learn more about why the Liberal Arts are the heart of the university!